About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Where to Look

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Peter 3:16,17

I know a lot of people might get some ammunition out of the following statement, but I feel the need to say it anyway...I am not as smart as I would like people to think. I would like people to think that I am brilliant, that they can come to me when they have a question about anything, that I could sit and hold a conversation about very heady topics like particle physics, medieval literature or even sports statistics, but I can't. Most of what I know about physics, I've picked up from "The Big Bang Theory", the closest I've come to medieval literature is "A Knight's Tale" and I steal most of the sports stats I know from the commentators, probably the only thing that comes naturally to me is spelling.

The truth is, to learn something we need to study it, if you want to learn math, you study, the same is true with science or literature. Why do people think that's not true when it comes to the Bible? People think they know what's "Christian" because they know how they feel about a situation. I don't want to use this blog as a forum for debating any issues of the day, what's right and what's wrong, because if you're reading this, you have the capability to find out for yourself. Want to know what's right in a situation? Check our instruction book. Want to know where God's opinion falls on the hot-button issues of the day? Read your Bible, that's our instruction book. Christians have compromised on issues, not all Christians, and I'm not going to say what issues, because that's not what this is about, but Christians need to read the Bible to see what God says about things. Stop compromising, read your Bible.

I don't claim to be perfect, I don't have it all right, I am sure I've compromised as well, but I can change that, you can too. As Christians, let's seek God's will more, let's look to see what God says on the subject before we go and shoot our mouths off about it.

Take My Life and Let it Be...

1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
*Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment