About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Monday, October 11, 2010

One Week

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:11,12

Well, it's been a week. Pretty crazy to think how someone's life could so drastically change in just seven short days. To be honest, I'm truly struggling to decide if it's changed for better or worse. I know someone reading this is going to think I'm not being entirely truthful here, but if you've seen me in the last few days, I think you'd believe me.

I think it is a matter of perspective.

I'm not saying my life got easier, so if easier is your only criteria of something being better, we're not on the same page. I can't say it got easier, I mean I just lost a foot, but I still think it changed for the better. It used to be I was just cruising. Sure, I'd read my Bible most days, even pray most days too. I was even a missionary, that's a pretty good deal, right? I wish. I loved what I was doing, but at the same time I still didn't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I know I was at Coastlands because God put me there, and I wasn't doing it halfheartedly, it's not like I was when I was in high school. I was there and I loved it, and God enabled me to succeed at it, but I still was missing it. I needed more, I needed to step up even more. I was getting by, I was skating in my relationship with Christ, God wanted more.

God wanted more of me and wanted me to want more of Him. Well, you did it God. I want more of you, I want to give you more of me.

I love James 1:18 "But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do." That's where I am now. I don't read my Bible because I feel I have to, I read because I want to, I pray because I want to, I strive to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit because I want to. Does that mean if we don't want to, we shouldn't? Absolutely not! Sometimes we're not going to feel like it, but we still should because the Bible tells us to. My hope would be that while you are doing it because you have to a bit of you wants to want to.

I'm getting a bit rambly so I'm going to share a hymn with you now..."Come Thou Fount"

1. Come Thou Fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
Mount of God's unchanging love.

2. Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Hither by Thy help I'm come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood.

3. O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let that grace now like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment