About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Sweetness

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Ever since I first read the book of Philippians, I've absolutely loved it, and it has been my favorite book of the Bible ever since. I know there's not one book of the Bible more important than another, but Philippians has really resonated with me for quite a while now. I think it's because the idea of contentment is so hard to grasp. Contentment is not something that's popular today. I think it's because too many people mistake contentment with complacency.

I used to, I'd think that it was ok whether I had ambition or not. God doesn't want us to give up and decide this must be our lot in life, God wants us to want more. And I'm not saying I have a magic formula to make you rich if you send me twenty dollars God will answer all your requests, though I'd be ok with that...:) God wants us to want to work for more. I'm learning about this as I start my physical therapy, I will only get more mobile if I want to get more mobile. The first thing I was asked when I got to rehab was what my goals are, if my goals are to do everything from my wheelchair, then that's ok, we'll just work on getting me in and out of my wheelchair and around while I'm in it.

But, that's not alright with me. I am planning to be back to where I used to be, maybe not running any marathons, but that wasn't really in the plans anyway. I will be back to ministry, and it won't take forever, I truly believe that's what God wants for me. What I have to do until then is stay faithful, wait to see what He has in store for me, but be faithful with what I believe He has asked me.

I'm back to hymns today, this one is "Tis So Sweet To Trust in Jesus"

1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
* Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
3. Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.
4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Let that be your prayer today.

No comments:

Post a Comment