About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Take Heart

"But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:1,2

Before I started my quiet time this morning, I had no idea what I was going to write about. I had thought about a couple things, responding to something I saw online perhaps, but then I read the above passage and I realized what a great promise that is. It reminds me of the poem titled "Footprints" which I was discussing with a good friend the other day. God promises us first that He will be with us. We had been previously promised this in Deuteronomy 31:6.

Look at what that passage also promises us..."When you pass through the waters...and when you pass through the rivers...when you walk through the fire." We'll have troubles, we'll go through rough times, life isn't going to always be rosy, but it's ok, in light of the last set of promises..."I will be with you...they will not sweep over you...you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."

I've had a few times where I've sat down and been able to convince myself that life is perfect. There have been many more times when I can sit down and see that life is far from perfect. What I've gone through this summer is probably the hardest thing I've had to go through, but it's been in this ordeal that I've been able to trust God the most, and when I've grown the closest to Him. One of the verses I've clung to is John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

This wasn't the way I thought my ankle issues would end, I thought and prayed for some kind of healing, not knowing I was putting God in a box. I thought I knew how the healing would look like, I thought it would be with two of my own ankles, I was wrong. Will I be healed? Yup, I'll be able to walk again and I'll be free of the pain I've been dealing with the last several years, that seems like healing to me. It's kind of like when you're looking at getting supper ready, and instead of having to go to the grocery store to get the ingredients, a friend drops by with a pizza. You're still fed, it's just different than how you expected.

Take heart!

Today's hymn...I'd Rather Have Jesus



1. I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands;
I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand
* Refrain:
Than to be the king of a vast domain,
Or be held in sin’s dread sway;
I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.
2. I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I’d rather have Jesus than worldwide fame;
I’d rather be true to His holy name
3. He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He’s sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He’s all that my hungering spirit needs;
I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead

No comments:

Post a Comment