About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thankful

"Know that the LORD is God.
   It is he who made us, and we are his;
   we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations."

First of all, I know, the holiday called Thanksgiving was a month ago, but I'm not gonna stop giving thanks just because the turkey's gone and the stuffing is a mere memory.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year. I know people who have been following my blog know what's happened and may wonder what I have to be so thankful about. I mean, I lost a leg, I have troubles with my other leg, I've been laid up for 7 months, unable to drive, and barely able to fend for myself, gotten in debt to hospitals and doctors, and barely have any money. Well, if you think that's going to get me down, maybe you should reread some of my blog entries.

Let me tell you how I see the last few months...I no longer have the pain in my right ankle that was a daily part of my life, and we're working on keeping my other ankle healthy. Seriously, who, besides Darth Vader, has a boot as cool as me? I've grown closer to God and my faith has gotten deeper. I've finally gotten on track with my finances, I've been on top of all my bills and now I have disability so I can remain on top of my bills until I start working so I can ditch disability. I've lost a considerable amount of weight, I'm down about 80 pounds from where I was in March, and I've even managed to lose some weight since Thanksgiving.

All in all, I can say that yes, this has been a tough year, but the benefits have totally outweighed the bad stuff that's happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment