About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Care Casting

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken." Psalm 55:22

There is one thing that almost always can keep me awake at night, money worries. This is a problem I've had for many years because I've only become very financially prudent in the last couple of years. I opened up two credit cards when I was in college (one of which I'm still paying off) and struggles for years to make payments on time and make sure I had enough money in the bank to cover checks that I wrote.

Granted, these were problems of my own doing. I've never made a ton of money, but I've always wanted to live beyond my means. Fortunately, these problems, while of my own doing, were also problems God gave me the ability to deal with. Dealing with these problems wasn't easy, it meant I had to do without some things I wanted. It meant I had to miss out on things I wanted to do. But it also meant I was able to keep up with my bills while I was on unemployment, even get ahead on some. It's also the reason I was able to keep up with my bills over the last few months of total unemployment.

Of course, I also couldn't have done it without the generosity of my monthly supporters who have continued to support me even when I haven't been going out to schools with Coastlands Consultants.

The bottom line is, it was only when I gave these issues to the Lord when He enabled me to overcome them.

Cast your cares on the Lord today, see what He does!

No comments:

Post a Comment