About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Some More Wisdom, Please.

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”" 1 Corinthians 3:19

This morning I was reading through Job 28, where Job is speaking on wisdom. I encourage you to read it and pay close attention to the last two-thirds of the chapter, specifically verses 12-28. this chapter tells us a bit about wisdom and where it comes from, God. It specifically tells us that God has, "looked at wisdom and appraised it;  he confirmed it and tested it."and when God was done, he gave it to man telling us that wisdom is to fear the Lord and shun evil.

How often to we adhere to that definition of wisdom? A lot of people I know think that wisdom is knowing a lot of things, I disagree, I'd say that's knowledge. Let me give you an earthly definition of wisdom...The ability to put your knowledge to use to benefit yourself and others to the utmost. And since the Bible is the best instruction book (I have a friend that says that Bible means Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) on how to benefit ourselves and others, I can see how the fear of God is where wisdom begins. Please note, I'm not speaking of being scared of God, but the obedience.

Today's entry is short, but it's what was on my heart.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment