About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Friday, December 3, 2010

God Is Indeed Bigger Than The Boogeyman

"Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand,
   or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens?
Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket,
   or weighed the mountains on the scales
   and the hills in a balance?
 Who can fathom the Spirit[a] of the LORD,
   or instruct the LORD as his counselor?
 Whom did the LORD consult to enlighten him,
   and who taught him the right way?
Who was it that taught him knowledge,
   or showed him the path of understanding?
  Surely the nations are like a drop in a bucket;
   they are regarded as dust on the scales;
   he weighs the islands as though they were fine dust.
 Lebanon is not sufficient for altar fires,
   nor its animals enough for burnt offerings.
 Before him all the nations are as nothing;
   they are regarded by him as worthless
   and less than nothing." Isaiah 40:12-17

First of all, I know it's been longer than usual between my last entry and this one, my hope is to write an entry every other day, at the outside, and preferably every day, especially since I like to write about what God's speaking to me. If I haven't written for a couple days, that usually means that something else has gotten shoved in there and it's taking my attention away from God, and I don't want that. But also since it's been a couple days, I gave you a long passage of scripture to read. :-)

This passage is a very good passage to read when there is something shoved in between you and God that's taking your attention away from Him. this passage reminds me of just how big God is, just how much He has to do and to what He is paying attention...and still He loves me. The God who created everything by speaking it into existence, the God who has to pay attention to everything that's going on (that's what being omniscient gets you) and the God who works all things out for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28) and ultimately, His glory, still cares about what's happening in my life.

And unfortunately, I've been a little petty the last couple of days.

You remember, this whole adventure got started by my ankle issues and this blog came into being a week before my right foot was amputated. All this started last May when I went into the hospital, and I haven't been able to drive since. Driving used to be something I loved to do, if I wanted to relax on an afternoon, I'd go for a drive, if I was a bit stressed out, I might take a drive and if I just wanted to get out of the house, I was able to; that's something I haven't done in over six months now. I've been working with Voc Rehab to get myself back to work, and it turns out the person I was working with originally, passed away a couple weeks ago and I've been passed around to 3 different people now since, so I've been set back a month from all that. All I can think about through all this is how it's affecting me, that I can't drive, I'm stuck in the house, blah, blah, waa.

I've decided that, instead of feeling sorry for myself and thinking about how there are things I can't do, I'm going to ponder on God instead. I'm going to think about how big and awesome God is, and how wonderful His works are. I'll drive eventually, I'll get back to my life soon enough, I should enjoy the time off I have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment