About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Lamenting or Praise?

"I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
   I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
   I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1, 2

I'm currently reading the Bible chronologically, in the order the events take place. As I was looking through my plan, I realized it didn't have the Psalms included, so I decided to just add a Psalm onto my daily reading and today I read Psalm 9. Psalm 9 opens up with such a great praise to God, I just had to share it.

This psalm was written by David and if you remember, there was a time that David didn't have too much to be happy about. In fact, later in the chapter, David uses phrases like "see how my enemies persecute me"and "lift me up from the gates of death" and the tune this was to be sung to is "The Death of the Son" That doesn't sound too terribly happy, does it?

Most of this Psalm actually talks about how David will praise God because God has helped David and lifted him out of his troubles, and that God has never forsaken those who have trusted in Him.

I need to sing praised to God more. I've really been down the last couple of days because of what's going on with getting my car ready for me to drive it, it's not looking good, it may be a while before I drive it. But I shouldn't let it get me down too much especially in light of what else has been happening in my life. My leg is healing well, I start receiving disability this month and many more things are looking up.

I think I'm going to praise God for the good that's happening in my life rather than lament for the bad that's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment