About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Woohoo!

"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
  Worship the LORD with gladness;
   come before him with joyful songs.
 Know that the LORD is God.
   It is he who made us, and we are his[a];
   we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
  Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.
 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100

A wonderful thing happened this weekend...I got my foot! And I was able to walk into church! Now I really feel like things are starting to pick up speed. For the last month and a half, I've felt as though I've been in a kind of holding pattern. I knew I was healing, and that's extremely important, but I also was looking forward to the next step...literally.

I've been able to go places I haven't gone in months, on Facebook, there's a picture of me standing in the kitchen, I haven't been in there in months. I'm not back to normal yet, but just the fact that I can get up and around a bit is huge!

The mechanics are like this, for now; I have the foot on for an hour and a half, twice a day. During the hour and a half time period, I'm to be walking for about twenty minutes, in 4-5 minute blocks. So far this morning, I've gone into the kitchen to get a bowl and toast a cranberry English muffin.

The only bummer I've found so far is that I haven't lost quite as much as I thought I had, but I was only about 5 pounds off, that means I've only lost 78 pounds as opposed to 83. Since I've been weighing myself on one foot, I've had to use my fingertips on the wall to steady myself, and apparently that took 5 pounds off my weight.

People have been asking if it hurts; it only hurts if something isn't right. For instance; if it's slightly askew, meaning I haven't lined it up right with my kneecap. It also might hurt if I need to put some more padding in the socket. My residual limb will continue to shrink and since I need to keep consistent pressure all around, I need to pad my limb with socks, as pressure is supposed to be equally distributed all around what's left of the leg.

If you are praying for me, thank you! Please give thanks for something awesome happening this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment