About Me

What should I say? I hope by reading my blog you come to learn who I am. I always want Christ first in my life. I want to consistently show the fruit of the spirit in my life. I want others to be blessed by what I go through and learn from it.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Overcoming Trouble

"For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
   and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,
   and my blessing on your descendants." Isaiah 44:3

I love verses like the above one, while it was originally a promise to Israel, I think it still holds true today. I think where a lot of people get into trouble is when they only look at verses like the one above and always expect their live to be easy. People tend to forget that while God promises us a victorious life, he never promised us an easy life. Look specifically to John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” Looking at this verse, we can see that we are actually promised a hard life, but what we need to realize is that our reward won't be here on Earth. You can't live an easy life as a reward for a life you haven't lived yet.


Today's entry is brief, but contains an important lesson, life isn't easy, but we know it can be victorious. I've referenced Romans 8:28 before, but that's where I point to when I need to make sense of something I can't make sense of. All things work for the glory of God, not some things, not even most things, all things. 


This is where I need to keep looking to make sense of what's happened to me in the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment